Friday, July 28, 2017

Paul McCartney at Century Link Center, Omaha - pictures, setlist

Photos by David Sukovaty. Used by permission. 

 Setlist: Century Link Center, Omaha, NE. July 23, 2017.

. 1.A Hard Day's Night 2. Junior's Farm 3. Can't Buy Me Love 4. Jet 5.Temporary Secretary 6. Let Me Roll It 7.Foxey Lady 8.I've Got A Feeling 9.My Valentine 10.Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five 11.Maybe I'm Amazed 12. We Can Work It Out 13.In Site Of All The Danger (a real high point for me) 14. You Won't See Me 15.Love Me Do 16. And I Love Her 17.Blackbird 18.Here Today 19. Queenie Eye 20. New 21.The Fool On The Hill 22.Lady Madonna 23.Four, Five Second 24.Elenor Rigby 25. I Wanna Be Your Man 26.Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite 27.Something 28..Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da 29.Band On The Run 30.Back In The USSR 31.Let It Be 32.Live And Let Die 33.Hey Jude 34.Yesterday 35.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 36.Hi, Hi, Hi. 37.Get Back 38.Golden Slumbers 39.Carry That Weight 40.The End.

From David Sukovaty:

I guess if there is an outline for a story it might be how the staging has changed since I first saw Paul and how fans are dedicated to photographing him. I didn't think of photographing him right away. I first saw him with Wings 1976 in Rotterdam, Holland. I drew the stage and made my first setlist. I didn't see him again until "Flowers In The Dirt" opening night Chicago 89, The video screens weren't working! Then Ames. It was a stadium and the video screens were working and it changed everything. Then Arrowhead 2nd row center 93. That experience changed everything. He was singing right to you. Cameras weren't allowed then and you were lucky to get a few shots like in Denver "Driving Rain Tour". It wasn't until later that it was impossible to stop people from bringing in cameras. My opportunity came when VIP allowed me to photograph. 2014 Paul's Out There Tour was the tour of top tour of the summer. The Top Ten cities were his and Lincoln was # 11. That was an epic performance and photographing was a dream. The idea that you would then be able to use them in a story I still find amazing, and proud that it could happen. I was really impressed by the staging in Lincoln. I'd seen several presentations by then. I was in the front row in Lincoln and was able to watch the camera operators. The lighting, staging was all very precise. It really was an education in musicology to be that close. I think that same insight is continued in these photos. One of my credits is the live photography for Robin Trower's '20th Century Blues" CD which was a special. At that time very few photographs had appeared of him on albums and there was my work representing him. This was the 10th time I've seen Paul and another opportunity to photograph him. I'm still in wonder of some of these results.

Visit our That's What I Want Beatles Store. A great place to explore!







No comments:

Post a Comment